Did you know that Minnesota is 150 years old? May 12th I was able to spend the day with Damaris at Kindergarten for a celebration of MN's Sesquicentennial. It seems to me that it would be older than that, especially considering the fact that one of the presenters that day had a great grandparent that was 115!! It was a fun day, here was the lineup for the day:
Swedish Institute performances (skits about coming over from Sweden)
Senior Singers
Visit the book fair - which had nothing to do with the Sesquicentennial but it was buy one get one free so it was a good time to buy some good books, I have figured out that my love for reading has to be fulfilled through reading children's books, for now anyway.
Wash clothes on a washboard
Lunch, did you know that MN has a state muffin? It's blueberry!
Ojibwe Exhibition
Voyageurs Tent
Logging Demonstration
Visit Pioneer Settler's
Sing-a-long
It was a fun day, I was very glad to be able to spend the whole day with her, thanks Grandma Linda for coming to watch the others! I wish I would have taken my camera, but I didn't.

No comments:
Post a Comment