Saturday, August 8, 2009

Locks of Love

Guess who got her hair cut?! She had been asking me for many weeks if she could "cut all her hair off!" I was a little sad to see the long hair go, but it really is so much nicer short, easy for her to take care of herself (which she wanted!) and it seems much thicker which is nice too. She was just about a half an inch too short to have her hair used for "Locks of Love" to make a wig for a child with cancer, but we can still send the hair in and they will sell it to offset costs of the wig making, so still a great donation!

Mr. Hans got to spend the weekend with Grandma and Grandpa O all by himself!! A first for him. I can't even believe how much I missed him :( When he returned I asked him if he missed mama and he said "NO! I want to go back to Grandpa's!" Boo for me but good, I'm glad he had so much fun and can have fun without us! The three of them got to have a little birthday party for Hans while he was there, here's what the truck looks like all put together Grandma and Grandpa! THANK YOU for everything!!

Miss Gracia has been getting a taste of what will come in a month, a lot of alone time with mom! The big kids had VBS this past week at one church and may go again to another church next week! We are official VBS hoppers! :) The kids have SO MUCH FUN, this last week was just such a great program and the church running it does a fabulous job! Gracia doesn't seem to mind alone time with mom either ;) She loves to play beauty shop and cook for me! She particularly loves when she gets alone time with DAD! The smile never leaves her face!

Last Sunday when my parents dropped Hans off we snapped a picture, didn't turn out too bad!

Jeremy has front yard pictures that I couldn't find tonight but here is the side-yard out our patio door. My rhubarb is actually coming back, ha! I have 4 red tomatoes so far and Damaris is a big help in taking care of the strawberries in this raised garden. They really like it in our nice "Trask :)" dirt. By next year we should have some good sized strawberries. Yum.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hi, Angie! Beautiful family picture. It was nice to talk with you today! :)

-Heather

Heather said...

Hi, Angie! Beautiful family picture. It was nice to talk with you today! :)

-Heather